Tree ears, black soybean porridge for cancer patients
Porridge is a dish that is easy to digest for cancer patients.
Cooking with tree ear fungus, high in vitamin B1 and iron, with black soybeans, and sesame seeds, one can enjoy a balanced meal that is rich in nutrition.
Ingredients (serves two)
100 grams of rice, 40 grams of black soybeans, a handful of tree ear, 16 grams of black sesame seeds, sesame oil, water, pine nuts
Step by step
1. Thoroughly wash rice, black soybeans, tree ear and soak them for a lengthy period
2. Boil the soybeans in water then peel off the outer layer and after adding black sesame seeds, grind them in a blender
3. Chop the tree ear into small pieces
4. Stir fry the rice with sesame oil, afterwards add water and combine with the mixture of soybeans and sesame seeds and boil
5. Once the rice becomes soft and starts to break apart, add salt
6. Pour the porridge in a bowl and serve with pine nuts
Make sure to leave the grains in the water for sufficient amoutn of time to achieve smooth texture
This is an excerpt from “Must-Have Recipes to Fight Cancer” by Yonsei Cancer Center, CJ Freshway and Severance Hospital Nutrition Team published by Samho Media.