High-protein tofu meatball
Beans have an ample amount of amino acid, making them a great source of protein.
For cancer patients who find it hard to eat meat tofu made from soy beans is not only high in protein but also easy to digest.
Mincing tofu with various vegetables to make a meatball can supplement minerals and vitamins to one’s diet.
Ingredients (serves two)
You will need 50 grams of shrimp meat, 20 grams of carrot, 10 grams of paprika, 5 grams of dried shiitake mushroom, 20 grams of egg, 10 grams of bread crumbs, 10 grams of cooking oil, leek, garlic, sesame seeds, salt and pepper
For black tea teriyaki sauce: 20 grams of dark soy sauce, one bag of black tea, chopped garlic, 20 grams of syrup (containing oligosaccharides), starch
Step by step
1. Cook and mince the shrimp meat
2. Steam the tofu and mash it after cooling
3. Wash the vegetables and dice them
4.Make the batter by mixing the shrimp meat, mashed tofu, vegetables, chopped leek, garlic, sesame seeds, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper
5. Prepare small balls of the batter and fry it on a pan
6. Boil black tea with the rest of the ingredients for the sauce
7. Place the meatballs on a plate and sprinkle the sauce on top
This is an excerpt from “Must-Have Recipes to Fight Cancer” by Yonsei Cancer Center, CJ Freshway and Severance Hospital Nutrition Team published by Samho Media.