Mr. World Contest to Start Next Week
The United Kingdom's Miss World Organization and The Hankook Ilbo-The Korea Times Media Group, host of the Miss Korea pageant since 1957, are co-organizing the competition, while Incheon City is sponsoring the event.
The final contest, to be held on March 27 at the Songdo ConvensiA, Incheon, will feature appearances by British singer-supermodel Alesha Dixon, popular actors Lee Da-hae and Julien Kang, and K-pop groups 2PM and Girls' Generation, among others.
Contestants will push the limits of their talents and physical endurance in ``James Bond-style'' competitions around Incheon, Seoul, Gyeongju, Muju and other parts of the country.
The men will volunteer for Habitat for Humanity International and walk the runway in a charity fashion show for the International Vaccine Institute (IVI), a United Nations organization based in Seoul. They will also introduce local culture by testing their Korean cuisine cooking skills, showing off taekwondo moves and visiting landmarks such as Bulguksa Temple in Gyeongju.
The competition will be broadcast to some 1 billion viewers in 140 countries, through the U.K.'s SKY1 TV, China's CCTV, the United States' Bravo and E, Russia's CTC, Brazil's CMT, Mexico's Televisa and South Africa's SABC3, among others.
Mr. World 2010 in Incheon
• When: March 12-27 (16 days)
• What/Where: Talent show (Gyeongju), Korean cuisine cooking competition (Seoul), charity fashion show (Incheon), alpine sports (Muju), final contest (Songdo ConvensiA, Incheon)
• Organizers: The Hankook Ilbo-The Korea Times Media Group and the Miss World Organization
• Main Broadcaster : MBC ESPN
• Hosts: Incheon City, Korea Tourism Organization, International Vaccine Institute, Gyeongju City
• Sponsors: KT, Dongkuk Steel Mill, Korean Air, GoldenSky International Resort, Namkwang Engineering & Construction, LeeKyungMin Foret, Fila Korea, Giordano
For more information call (02) 724-2921. Visit www.mrworld.co.kr (Korean) or www.mrworld.tv (English)