Hom’s Recommendation: Bibimguksu (Spicy-flavored Mixed noodles)
440 grams of flour noodle, 2.2 kilograms of water, 200 grams of cucumber, 130 grams of beef rump, 20 grams of shiitake mushroom, 1 egg, 1 spoon of cooking oil, 0.5 teaspoon of salt, 1 spoon of sesame oil
(sauce 1) 1 spoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of chopped green onion, 0.5 of a teaspoon of chopped garlic, 0.5 of a tablespoon of sesame salt, 0.5 of a tablespoon of black pepper, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
(sauce 2) 4.5 spoons of Korean chili sauce (gochujang), 1 spoon of soy sauce, 1.5 spoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of sesame salt, 1 spoon of sesame oil
1. Wash cucumber by rubbing with salt, split in two and cut into 5-centimeter long and 0.2-centimeter wide slices. Salt the slices for 5 minutes and remove water.
2. Remove blood from beef, cut into 5-centimeter long 0.2-centimeter wide slices and season with 2/3 of sauce 1.
3. Soak shiitake mushroom in water for 1
hour, cut out the stem and remove water, cut into slices in the same size of the beef and season with the rest of sauce 1. (Photo 1)
4. Pan-fry the egg separately in white and yolk, and cut into 5-centimeter and 0.2-centimeter wide slices.
5. Make sauce 2 by blending all the ingredients.
1. Boil the water in the pot at high heat, put in the noodles and boil for 1 minute. When it boils up again, add 100 grams of water and heat for another 1 minute, then add another 100 grams of water when it boils up again and heat it for 30 seconds. Wash the cooked noodles in cold water, remove water on a tray and mix with sesame oil. (Photo 2)
2. Heat the pan, put oil, and pan-fry cucumber for 10 seconds at high heat. (Photo 3)
3. Heat the pan, put oil, and pan-fry beef and shiitake mushroom for 1 minute at high heat.
4. Mix the beef, mushroom, cucumber and sauce 2 with the noodles, put in a bowl, and add egg strips on top. (Photo 4)