Hickey’s Recommendation : Bulgogi
``It's different, and more healthy than many other meat dishes in the Western world. So it makes a good start to learn about Korean cuisine,'' he said. ``To me, bibimbap is a bit too safe. Personally I like kimchi fried rice very much but it could be a challenge to those who are not used to spicy food.''
300 grams of beef sirloin, 200 grams of onion, 100 grams of lettuce
(Seasoning sauce) 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar, half tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of minced green onion, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, half tablespoon of sesame salt, 0.2 tablespoon of ground black pepper, 50 grams of pear juice or 100 grams of pear, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1. Soak blood from beef with cotton cloth, remove fat and tendons and cut into 5-centimeter wide strips, 4 centimeters long and 0.3 centimeters thick along the opposite direction of the meat texture. (Photo 1)
2. Skin onion and wash, dice at intervals of 0.5-centimeters.
3. Blend all seasoning ingredients to make sauce.
4. Wash lettuce under running water.
1. Add seasoning sauce to the beef and mix with hands. Then add onion and marinate for 30 minutes. (Photo 2)
2. Heat barbecue pan and fry beef on high heat for 3 minutes. Then turn over, lower heat to medium and fry for another 5 minutes. (Photo 3)
3. Serve with lettuce.